No, Seriously...

This is my attempt at amateur photography, heavy on pictures of my nephew. Go check out Mistress Tootie Belle Rules the World, too. It's a little different.

Tuesday, May 03, 2005

Nettie's Sanity

I have green eyes
and my hair looks like
Mariska Hargitay's
when I blow it out.
I am the tallest one
at Bath and Body Works
so I have to climb the shelves
but I don't mind.
I don't have a clue,
sometimes, about life,
but I have never wanted
to be normal.
And so I will not be.
I will sing
like a frog
when I am sick
and I don't care
what anybody thinks.
And I'm not cool
but you love me anyway
with my stressed out face
and my love of socks.
Because
I am Nettie
and I will forever be,
myself.

3 Comments:

At 12:54 PM, Blogger Jeff H said...

Hey, beautiful words from a beautiful woman and child of God. No one worthy of your notice would ever want you to be anybody else.

Clueless, however, can come and go. :-)

 
At 1:05 PM, Blogger Jennifer Swanepoel said...

I LOVE this! You go, girl! :)

 
At 8:59 PM, Blogger Becca said...

oooh darling that was AWESOME! Yes, you rock MY socks!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home